Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world, and it’s no surprise that the market for basketball shoes is booming. With so many brands and models to choose from, it can be difficult to know which shoes are worth the investment. In this article, we will be taking a look at the 10 most expensive basketball shoes on the market today. These shoes are not only high-performing, but they also come with a hefty price tag. From classic retro models to the latest technology, these shoes are sure to turn heads on and off the court.
|No||Most Expensive Basketball Shoes||Price|
|1||Nike Air Jordan 1s||$560,000|
|3||Air Jordan III||$50,000|
|4||Air Jordan VI||$35,000|
|5||Nike Air Zoom Kobe I||$30,000|
|6||Air Jordan I||
|7||Nike Air Mag||
|8||Air Jordan V||$10,000|
|9||Adidas Golden KB8||$3,000|
|10||Air Jordan XI||$2,700|
Nike Air Jordan 1s
The Nike Air Jordan 1s is the most expensive basketball shoes in the world. Nike Air Jordan 1s, also known simply as Air Jordan 1s or Jordans, are a line of sneakers produced by Nike in collaboration with retired NBA legend Michael Jordan. The Air Jordan 1 was first released in 1985 and has since become one of the most iconic sneaker silhouettes in history. The shoe features unique design elements such as the Jumpman logo, a “Swoosh” leather overlay, and the “Air” branding on the sole. The Air Jordan 1s have been released in a variety of colorways and collaborations over the years, making them highly sought-after by sneaker enthusiasts and collectors.
The Reebok Question is the 2nd most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Reebok Question is a basketball sneaker that was first released in 1996 in collaboration with former NBA player Allen Iverson. The sneaker is designed with a unique color scheme featuring a white leather upper with red and blue accents. The upper is also accented with a honeycomb pattern and features Reebok’s iconic Vector logo on the side.
The Reebok Question was designed to match Iverson’s playing style, featuring lightweight construction and a low-profile design to allow for quick movements on the court. The sneaker also features Hexalite cushioning technology in the sole for shock absorption and improved comfort.
The Reebok Question quickly became popular among basketball players and sneaker enthusiasts alike, and the brand has released numerous colorways and special editions over the years. In addition to being a beloved sneaker, the Reebok Question is also considered to be one of Allen Iverson’s signature shoes and is closely associated with his career in the NBA.
Air Jordan III
The Air Jordan III is the 3rd most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Air Jordan III is a basketball shoe designed by Tinker Hatfield and released by Nike in 1988. It was the first Air Jordan shoe to feature Air Cushioning in the forefoot and a visible air unit in the heel, as well as the first to showcase the iconic Jumpman logo. The design was inspired by Michael Jordan’s love for luxury cars, particularly the Porsche 911. The shoe was also notable for being the first to feature an elephant print, which was inspired by an African safari trip that Hatfield took. The Air Jordan III is widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball shoes ever made and is often cited as the shoe that saved the Air Jordan line.
Air Jordan VI
The Air Jordan VI is the 4th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Air Jordan VI, also known as the “Jordan 6,” is a basketball shoe designed by Tinker Hatfield for Michael Jordan and initially released in 1991. It features a distinctive design with a reinforced toe cap, a rubber tongue with a pull tab, and a translucent outsole. The Air Jordan VI was the first Jordan shoe to have an internal bootie, which provided better support and fit. The shoe was also worn by Jordan during his first NBA championship in 1991. The Air Jordan VI has been released in a variety of colorways and is considered one of the most iconic sneakers in sneaker history.
Nike Air Zoom Kobe I
The Nike Air Zoom Kobe I is the 5th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Nike Air Zoom Kobe I is a basketball shoe that was first released in 2006. It was designed in collaboration with NBA star Kobe Bryant, who was then playing for the Los Angeles Lakers. The shoe features a low-profile design with a lightweight upper made of synthetic leather and mesh. It also has Nike’s patented Zoom Air technology in the sole, which provides cushioning and responsiveness. The shoe is known for its distinctive look, with a snakeskin texture on the upper and a bold Swoosh logo on the side. The Nike Air Zoom Kobe I was one of the most successful basketball shoes of its time and helped establish Kobe Bryant as one of the premier endorsers of the Nike brand.
Air Jordan I
The Air Jordan I is the 6th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Air Jordan I is a classic basketball shoe designed by Nike and endorsed by Michael Jordan. It was first released in 1985 and is considered a pioneer in the sneaker industry. The Air Jordan I features a leather and suede upper, a rubber sole, and the iconic “Wings” logo on the ankle. The shoe was originally banned by the NBA for not meeting the league’s dress code, but it was later worn by Michael Jordan and other players, making it a popular choice for both basketball players and sneaker enthusiasts. The Air Jordan I has been re-released in various colorways and designs over the years and is still considered a classic and iconic shoe.
Nike Air Mag
The Nike Air Mag is the 7th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Nike Air Mag is a limited edition sneaker designed and released by Nike in 2011. The design is inspired by the shoes worn by Marty McFly (played by Michael J. Fox) in the movie “Back to the Future Part II.” These sneakers famously feature a self-lacing system and LED lights on the midsole. The Air Mag was auctioned off in limited quantities and quickly became a collector’s item. In 2016, Nike released a newer version of the Air Mag, called the HyperAdapt 1.0, which still features a self-lacing system but with updated technology.
Air Jordan V
The Air Jordan V is the 8th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Air Jordan V was released by Nike in 1990 and designed by Tinker Hatfield. It was the first Air Jordan sneaker to feature Clear rubber soles, reflecting Michael Jordan’s style of play on the court. The sneaker also featured a 3M reflective tongue and a shark-tooth design on the midsole. The Air Jordan V was inspired by World War II fighter planes and featured unique detailing such as lace locks on the upper. Michael Jordan wore the Air Jordan V during the 1990-1991 NBA season, a year in which he won his first NBA championship. The Air Jordan V is a highly sought-after sneaker by collectors and enthusiasts alike.
Adidas Golden KB8
The Adidas Golden KB8 is the 9th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Adidas Golden KB8 (also known as the Adidas Crazy 8) is a basketball shoe that was first released in 1997. The shoe was designed for NBA player Kobe Bryant, who was then a rising star with the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Adidas Golden KB8 was named after Bryant’s jersey number at the time (number 8) and was also inspired by the Audi TT sports car, which was known for its sleek, curved design. The shoe’s upper featured a unique wavy design that wrapped around the foot for increased support and stability, while its outsole was made of non-marking rubber for extra traction on the court.
The shoe became popular not just for its performance-enhancing features, but also for its eye-catching design. The Adidas Golden KB8 was released in several colorways, including the classic black and white “Oreo” colorway, as well as a gold and white colorway that was inspired by Bryant’s impressive performance at the 1997 McDonald’s All-American Game.
Today, the Adidas Golden KB8 (now known as the Adidas Crazy 8) continues to be a popular choice for basketball players and sneaker enthusiasts alike. Its unique design and high-performance features have made it a classic in the world of basketball shoes.
Air Jordan XI
The Air Jordan XI is the 10th most expensive basketball shoes in the world. The Air Jordan XI is a basketball shoe that was first released by Nike in 1995. It is one of the most iconic and popular models in the Air Jordan line and is known for its sleek design, patent leather accents, and translucent outsole.
The Air Jordan XI was designed by Tinker Hatfield, who drew inspiration for the shoe from a lawnmower. The shoe features a combination of leather and ballistic mesh on the upper, while the patent leather accents add a touch of style and sophistication. The translucent outsole provides traction on the court, while also adding to the shoe’s overall aesthetic appeal.
The Air Jordan XI was also worn by Michael Jordan during his comeback to the NBA in 1995, and he went on to lead the Chicago Bulls to their fourth championship. The shoe has since become a favorite among sneaker enthusiasts and basketball fans alike and has been released in a variety of colorways over the years.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are basketball shoes?
Basketball shoes are shoes specifically designed for playing the sport of basketball. They typically have a high-top design for ankle support, a rubber sole for traction on the court, and a padded interior for comfort and shock absorption. Many basketball shoes also feature advanced technology such as reinforced heel counters, air cushioning, and other features that provide support and stability for the demands of playing basketball.
What are the best basketball shoes?
- Nike Lebron 17
- Adidas Harden Vol. 4
- Air Jordan 34
- Under Armour Curry 7
- Puma Clyde Court
- New Balance Kawhi Leonard 4
- Reebok Shaq Attaq
- Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star Pro
- Li-Ning Way of Wade 8
- UA Project Rock 1
Where to buy basketball shoes?
- Sporting goods stores such as Dick’s Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, and Sports Authority.
- Athletic shoe stores such as Foot Locker, Finish Line, and Champs Sports.
- Online retailers such as Nike.com, Adidas.com, and Under Armour.
- Department stores such as Macy’s and Dillard’s.
- Basketball specialty stores such as Hoop City and Ballers Choice.
- Online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist.
- Second-hand stores such as Goodwill and the Salvation Army.
- Local basketball shoe stores and independent retailers in your area.
What are good basketball shoes?
- Adidas Harden Vol. 4
- Nike Kyrie 6
- Under Armour Curry 7
- Jordan Zoom Zero Gravity
- Reebok Shaq Attaq
- Puma Clyde Court Disrupt
- New Balance Kawhi Leonard 2
- Converse All-Star Pro BB
- UA Project Rock 3
- ASICS Gel-Spotlyte.
Why do basketball players wipe their shoes?
Basketball players wipe their shoes to remove any dirt, dust, or debris that may be on the soles of their shoes. This helps to improve traction and prevent slips and falls on the court. Additionally, wiping the shoes can also help to remove any sweat or moisture on the soles, which can make the shoes slippery and harder to control. By wiping their shoes, players can ensure that they have the best possible grip and control on the court, which can help them to perform at their best.
How to make basketball shoes more grippy?
- Clean and dry the shoes: Before applying any solution, make sure to clean and dry the shoes thoroughly. This will ensure that the solution will adhere properly to the shoes.
- Use grip-enhancing sprays: There are several sprays available on the market specifically designed to improve traction on basketball shoes. These sprays can be applied to the sole of the shoe and will provide a sticky surface for better grip.
- Use grip-enhancing tapes: Another option is to use grip-enhancing tapes. These tapes can be applied to the sole of the shoe and will provide a sticky surface for better grip.
- Use grip-enhancing insoles: Another way to make basketball shoes more grippy is to use grip-enhancing insoles. These insoles can be placed inside the shoe and will provide a sticky surface for better grip.
- Use sandpaper: Gently rubbing the sole of the shoe with sandpaper can also help to create a more grippy surface.
- Add grip-enhancing materials: You can also add grip-enhancing materials to the sole of your shoes. These materials can be found at most sporting goods stores and can be applied to the sole of the shoe to provide a sticky surface for better grip.
- Check the shoes regularly: Regularly check the shoes for any signs of wear and tear and apply the solution as needed to keep the shoes grippy.
How to clean basketball shoes?
To clean basketball shoes, you can follow these steps:
- Remove any loose dirt or debris from the shoes using a soft-bristled brush or a clean, dry cloth.
- Mix a small amount of mild detergent with warm water in a bucket or sink.
- Dip a clean cloth or sponge into the soapy water, and gently scrub the shoes, paying special attention to any areas that are particularly dirty or stained.
- Rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water to remove any remaining soap residue.
- Stuff the shoes with newspaper or a towel to help them retain their shape while they dry.
- Leave the shoes to air dry in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
Note: Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach on your shoes as it can damage the material.
How to break in basketball shoes?
- Start by wearing them around the house for short periods. This will help to stretch out the material and mold them to your feet.
- Take them out for short walks or jogs around the neighborhood. This will help to break in the soles and make them more comfortable for running and jumping.
- Play a few games of pick-up basketball with them. This will help to break in the shoes while also giving you a chance to test them out on the court.
- Use a shoe stretcher or insert a rolled-up towel or newspaper into the shoes to help stretch out tight areas.
- Apply a leather conditioner or water-proofing spray to the shoes to help soften the material and make them more comfortable.
- Be patient and give your shoes time to break in. This process can take a few days or even weeks, depending on the material and design of the shoes.
How should basketball shoes fit?
Basketball shoes should fit snugly but not too tight. There should be enough room in the toe box to wiggle your toes freely, but the heel should be securely in place. The shoe should feel comfortable and supportive, with a good amount of cushioning and stability. The laces should be tight enough to keep the shoe securely on your foot, but not so tight that they cause discomfort or restrict movement. It is also important to try on shoes later in the day when your feet are slightly swollen to ensure a good fit.
What basketball shoes should I get?
It depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular basketball shoe brands include Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, and Jordan. Consider factors such as fit, support, traction, and durability when making your decision. It’s also a good idea to try on a few different styles and brands to find the one that feels most comfortable and meets your needs. Additionally, you can also consult with a sales associate or a professional basketball player to get a better idea of what shoes might work best for you.
Why do basketball players wear two different colored shoes?
Basketball players often wear two different colored shoes as a personal preference or to match their team’s uniforms. Some players may also wear different-colored shoes to make a fashion statement. There is no specific rule in the NBA or other professional leagues that requires players to wear matching shoes.