When it comes to bicycles, there are many options available on the market. From basic models to high-end racing bikes, there is something for everyone. However, if you are looking for the ultimate in luxury and extravagance, then you need to check out the world’s most expensive bike. This bike is not your average two-wheeler, as it is adorned with precious stones, gold plates, and even real butterfly wings. Some of the most expensive bikes in the world include the Aurumania Gold Men’s Racing Bike, the Chrome Hearts x Cervelo, and the Trek Yoshimoto Nara, ridden by Lance Armstrong during the 2009 Tour de France. These bikes have been sold for millions of dollars at charity auctions and are truly one-of-a-kind. With features like leather seats, Swarovski crystals, and boxing gloves, these expensive bicycles are not just for riding, but also for making a statement.
10 Most Expensive Bikes in the World
Quickly navigate to the following section headers:
- Lamborghini R5 – $1.8000
- Aston Martin ONE-77 Factor Cycle – $39,000
- Chrome Hearts x Dirt Bike – $60,000
- Trek Madone 7-Diamond Dirt Bike – $75,000
- Aurumania Crystal Edition Gold Bike – $114,000
- Kaws – Trek Madone – $160,000
- Trek Yoshitomo Nara Speed Concept – $200,000
- 24K Gold Men’s Racing Bike – $393,000
- Trek Madone Butterfly – $500,000
- The Beverly Hills Edition – $1,000,000
Lamborghini R5 – $18,000
The Lamborghini R5 is the 10th most expensive bike in the world. The Lamborghini R5 bike is a limited edition bicycle designed by the Italian luxury car manufacturer Lamborghini. It was created in collaboration with the Italian bicycle manufacturer Cervélo and was launched in 2018.
The Lamborghini R5 bike features a carbon fiber frame and fork, which makes it lightweight and durable. It also has a Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 electronic shifting system, which provides smooth and precise gear changes.
The bike’s design is inspired by Lamborghini’s Aventador supercar, with its sharp lines and aerodynamic shape. It comes in a striking yellow and black color scheme, which is a signature of Lamborghini’s sports cars.
The Lamborghini R5 bike is a high-end bicycle that is designed for serious cyclists who want the best performance and style. It is a limited edition bike, with only 63 units produced worldwide, making it a rare and exclusive piece of cycling equipment.
Aston Martin ONE-77 Factor Cycle – $39,000
The Aston Martin ONE-77 Factor Cycle is the 9th most expensive bike in the world. The Aston Martin ONE-77 Factor Cycle bike is a high-end bicycle designed by the British luxury car manufacturer Aston Martin in collaboration with Factor Bikes. The bike features a lightweight carbon fiber frame, fork, and wheels, and is equipped with high-end components such as Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 electronic shifting, hydraulic disc brakes, and a Fizik saddle.
The bike’s design is inspired by the Aston Martin ONE-77 supercar, with a sleek and aerodynamic profile and a distinctive paint scheme. Only 77 units of the bike were produced, making it a rare and exclusive piece of cycling equipment.
The Aston Martin ONE-77 Factor Cycle bike is aimed at serious cyclists and collectors who appreciate the combination of high-performance engineering and luxury design. It is a testament to the brand’s commitment to innovation and excellence in all areas of transportation.
Chrome Hearts x Dirt Bike – $60,000
The Chrome Hearts x Dirt Bike is the 8th most expensive bike in the world. Chrome Hearts is a luxury fashion brand that specializes in high-end jewelry, clothing, and accessories. Dirt bikes, on the other hand, are off-road motorcycles designed for racing and adventure. While the two may seem like an unlikely pairing, Chrome Hearts has collaborated with several dirt bike brands in the past to create unique and stylish gear for riders.
One notable collaboration was with the dirt bike brand Husqvarna. Chrome Hearts created a limited edition line of clothing and accessories inspired by the brand’s iconic blue and yellow color scheme. The collection included leather jackets, t-shirts, hats, and even a custom Husqvarna dirt bike with Chrome Hearts detailing.
Another collaboration was with the dirt bike brand Yamaha. Chrome Hearts created a custom Yamaha YZ450F dirt bike with its signature cross motif and leather accents. The bike was auctioned off for charity, with all proceeds going to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Overall, the Chrome Hearts x dirt bike collaborations showcase the brand’s ability to create unique and stylish gear for a variety of lifestyles and interests.
Trek Madone 7-Diamond Dirt Bike – $75,000
Trek Madone 7-Diamond Dirt Bike is the 7th most expensive bike in the world. The Trek Madone 7-Diamond is a high-end road bike designed for professional cyclists. It features a lightweight carbon frame, aerodynamic design, and advanced components for maximum performance.
On the other hand, a dirt bike is a type of motorcycle designed for off-road use. It typically has a rugged frame, knobby tires, and a powerful engine for navigating rough terrain.
It is important to note that the Trek Madone 7-Diamond is not suitable for off-road use and should only be ridden on paved roads. Similarly, a dirt bike is not designed for road use and should only be ridden off-road in designated areas.
Aurumania Crystal Edition Gold Bike – $114,000
The Aurumania Crystal Edition Gold Bike is the 6th most expensive bike in the world. The Aurumania Crystal Edition Gold Bike is a luxurious and extravagant bicycle that is designed for those who want to make a statement with their ride. This bike is made from 24-carat gold-plated aluminum and features over 600 Swarovski crystals embedded in the frame.
The bike is handcrafted and takes over 120 hours to complete. It is a limited edition bike, with only 10 being produced worldwide. The bike is not only a work of art but also a functional mode of transportation, with high-quality components and a comfortable ride.
The Aurumania Crystal Edition Gold Bike is a symbol of luxury and extravagance, with a price tag of $114,000. It is a bike that is sure to turn heads and make a statement wherever it goes.
Kaws – Trek Madone – $160,000
The Kaws Trek Madone is the 5th most expensive bike in the world. Kaws is a well-known artist and designer who has collaborated with many brands and companies. One of his most notable collaborations was with Trek Bikes, where he designed a limited edition Trek Madone bike.
The Trek Madone is a high-performance road bike that is known for its aerodynamic design and lightweight frame. Kaws added his signature style to the bike by incorporating his iconic “XX” logo and a bold black-and-white color scheme.
The limited edition Kaws Trek Madone was released in 2013 and quickly became a highly sought-after item among collectors and cycling enthusiasts. The bike was only available in a limited run of 21 units, making it a rare and valuable piece.
The Kaws Trek Madone is not only a functional and high-performance bike, but it is also a work of art that showcases Kaws’ unique style and design aesthetic.
Trek Yoshitomo Nara Speed Concept – $200,000
Trek Yoshitomo Nara Speed Concept is the 4th most expensive bike in the world. The Trek Yoshitomo Nara Speed Concept is a limited edition triathlon bike designed in collaboration with Japanese artist Yoshitomo Nara. The bike features a unique paint scheme inspired by Nara’s signature style, with bold colors and playful graphics.
The Speed Concept is a high-performance triathlon bike designed for speed and aerodynamics. It features a lightweight carbon frame, integrated brakes and cables, and a streamlined design that minimizes drag. The bike also has a variety of customizable features, including adjustable aero bars and a range of gearing options.
The Trek Yoshitomo Nara Speed Concept is a rare and highly sought-after bike, with only a limited number produced. It is a unique and eye-catching addition to any triathlete’s collection and a testament to the intersection of art and sport.
24K Gold Men’s Racing Bike – $393,000
24K Gold Men’s Racing Bike is the 3rd most expensive bike in the world. The 24K Gold Men’s Racing Bike is a luxury bicycle that is plated with 24-karat gold. It is designed for men who are passionate about cycling and want to make a statement with their bikes. The bike is handcrafted and features high-quality components, including a lightweight carbon fiber frame, Shimano Dura-Ace groupset, and Zipp 404 wheels.
The bike is not only a piece of art but also a high-performance racing machine. It is designed to be fast, agile, and responsive, making it perfect for competitive cycling. The bike is also comfortable to ride, thanks to its ergonomic design and high-quality components.
The 24K Gold Men’s Racing Bike is a limited edition bike, with only a few units produced each year. It is a symbol of luxury and exclusivity, and it comes with a hefty price tag. The bike is not for everyone, but for those who can afford it, it is a true masterpiece.
Trek Madone Butterfly – $500,000
Trek Madone Butterfly is the 2nd most expensive bike in the world. The Trek Madone Butterfly bike is a high-performance road bike designed for women. It features a lightweight carbon frame, aerodynamic tube shaping, and a comfortable geometry that is optimized for female riders. The bike also comes with a range of high-end components, including Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting, Bontrager Aeolus carbon wheels, and a carbon fiber seat post.
One unique feature of the Trek Madone Butterfly bike is the custom paint job, which features a butterfly design on the top tube and seat stays. This design was created in collaboration with artist Emily Maye and is intended to celebrate the beauty and strength of women.
Overall, the Trek Madone Butterfly bike is a top-of-the-line road bike that is designed to provide a fast, comfortable, and stylish ride for female cyclists.
The Beverly Hills Edition – $1,000,000
The Beverly Hills Edition is the most expensive bike in the world. The Beverly Hills Edition bike is a luxury bicycle designed for the affluent and stylish. It is a high-end bike that is made with the finest materials and craftsmanship. The bike features a sleek and elegant design that is perfect for cruising around the city or taking a leisurely ride through the countryside.
The Beverly Hills Edition bike is made with a lightweight aluminum frame that is both durable and easy to handle. It is equipped with high-quality components such as Shimano gears and brakes, which provide smooth and reliable performance. The bike also features a comfortable saddle and handlebars, making it easy to ride for extended periods.
One of the standout features of the Beverly Hills Edition bike is its unique design. It is available in a range of colors and finishes, including chrome, gold, and rose gold. The bike also features custom leather accents and a signature Beverly Hills Edition logo, which adds to its exclusivity and luxury appeal.
Overall, the Beverly Hills Edition bike is a high-end bicycle that is perfect for those who want to ride in style and comfort. It is a great investment for anyone who values quality and craftsmanship and wants to make a statement with their ride.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size bike do I need?
To determine the size of the bike you need, you should consider your height and the inseam measurement.
To measure your height, stand against a wall with your bare feet about shoulder-width apart. Measure from the top of your head to the floor.
To measure your inseam, stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart and place a book between your legs. Measure from the top of the book to the floor.
You can then refer to a bike size chart to determine the size of the bike that would be most suitable for you based on your height and inseam measurements. It is important to choose a bike that is the right size for your body, as it will be more comfortable and easier to control.
How much is a Peloton bike?
The Peloton bike costs $1,895.
How to ride a bike?
To ride a bike, follow these steps:
- Adjust the seat to a comfortable height for you. You should be able to reach the pedals with your feet when sitting on the seat.
- Put on a helmet and any other protective gear you may want to wear.
- Stand next to the bike and hold onto the handlebars with one hand. Place one foot on the pedal and push off the ground with the other foot to start moving.
- Once you are moving, place both feet on the pedals and begin to pedal. Use your body weight to lean into turns, and squeeze the brakes to slow down or stop.
- To shift gears, use the gears on the handlebars to make it easier or harder to pedal.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and follow traffic rules when riding a bike.
When is Daytona Bike Week?
Daytona Bike Week typically takes place in March. The exact dates for 2021 have not yet been announced.
How to measure bike size?
To measure bike size, you will need a tape measure and the following instructions:
- Stand over the bike with both feet flat on the ground. The bike should be upright, with the wheels touching the ground.
- Measure the distance from the ground to your inseam. This is the most important measurement when determining bike size.
- Look at the bike’s size chart, which can usually be found on the manufacturer’s website or in the product manual. The size chart will list the recommended inseam measurement for each size bike.
- Select the bike size that corresponds to your inseam measurement. If you are in between sizes, it is generally recommended to go with the smaller size for a more comfortable and agile ride.
- Test ride the bike to ensure it feels comfortable and easy to handle. If the bike feels too small or too large, you may need to adjust the seat height or try a different size.
How to draw a bike?
To draw a bike, start by sketching out the basic shape of the bike frame. This should include the main body of the bike and the two wheels. Next, add the handlebars, pedals, and seat. Then, draw in the spokes on the wheels and any other details such as the chain or gears. Finally, erase any unnecessary lines and add shading to give the bike a more realistic appearance.
What size bike for a 5-year-old?
A bike with a wheel size of 12-14 inches is typically suitable for a 5-year-old. However, it is important to consider the child’s height and ability when choosing a bike size. It is best to try the bike out in person or measure the child’s inseam and compare it to the bike’s minimum seat height to ensure a proper fit.
How to change a bike tire?
- Gather necessary tools: tire levers, a bike pump or CO2 inflator, and a new inner tube (if needed).
- Remove the wheel from the bike. Depending on your bike, you may need to use a quick-release lever or a wrench to loosen the bolts that hold the wheel in place.
- Remove the tire from the rim. Use the tire levers to pry the tire away from the rim, starting at the point where it is most loose. Work your way around the tire, pulling the levers under the tire to lift it off of the rim.
- Check for any damage to the tire or inner tube. If the inner tube is punctured or damaged, it will need to be replaced.
- Remove the inner tube from the tire. Carefully pull the inner tube out of the tire, taking care not to damage it further.
- Check the tire for any debris or objects that may have caused the puncture. If you find anything, remove it and inspect the tire for any further damage.
- Insert the new inner tube into the tire. Make sure the inner tube is fully seated in the tire and that there are no twists or folds in the tube.
- Replace the tire on the rim. Start at one side of the rim and carefully work the tire back onto the rim, using your hands to press it into place. Make sure the tire is seated evenly around the rim.
- Inflate the tire to the recommended pressure. This information can be found on the side of the tire or in the owner’s manual for your bike.
- Replace the wheel on the bike and secure it in place. Tighten the bolts or quick-release lever to the recommended torque.
- Test the tire for any issues before riding. Spin the wheel and check for any wobbles or unevenness. If everything looks good, you’re ready to ride!
How to remove bike pedals?
To remove bike pedals, you will need a pedal wrench or a 15mm spanner.
- Stand your bike upside down so that the pedals are facing upwards.
- Place the pedal wrench or spanner on the left pedal, with the handle facing towards the front of the bike.
- Turn the wrench or spanner counterclockwise to loosen the pedal.
- Repeat the process on the right pedal, turning the wrench or spanner clockwise to loosen it.
- Once the pedals are loose, you can simply pull them off by hand.
If you are having trouble loosening the pedals, you may need to use a bit of penetrating oil or WD-40 to loosen the threads. Be sure to wipe off any excess oil before reattaching the pedals.
What size mountain bike do I need?
To determine the size of the mountain bike you need, you should consider your height and the inseam measurement. Here is a general guideline:
- If you are under 5’2″ (157 cm) tall, look for a bike with a 13″ to 15″ frame.
- If you are 5’3″ to 5’7″ (160 cm to 170 cm) tall, look for a bike with a 15″ to 17″ frame.
- If you are 5’8″ to 6’0″ (173 cm to 183 cm) tall, look for a bike with a 17″ to 19″ frame.
- If you are 6’1″ to 6’4″ (185 cm to 193 cm) tall, look for a bike with a 19″ to 21″ frame.
- If you are over 6’5″ (195 cm) tall, look for a bike with a 21″ to 23″ frame.
Keep in mind that these are just general guidelines, and it is always best to try out a bike before purchasing to ensure the best fit.
How to ride a dirt bike?
Riding a dirt bike, also known as off-road or motocross riding, can be an exhilarating and challenging experience. Whether you’re a beginner or looking to improve your dirt biking skills, here are the fundamental steps to get started:
- Wear Safety Gear: Always wear the appropriate protective gear, including a DOT-approved helmet, goggles, gloves, a jersey, riding pants, knee and elbow guards, a chest protector, and motocross boots.
- Inspect Your Bike: Before each ride, check the bike for mechanical issues, including tire pressure, brakes, and controls. Ensure everything is in good working order.
Basic Riding Skills:
- Mount and Start the Bike:
- Swing your leg over the bike and sit on the seat.
- Turn the ignition on and start the bike. On most dirt bikes, there’s a kickstart or electric starter.
- Balancing and Sitting Position:
- Stand up on the foot pegs, keeping your knees bent and your weight over the balls of your feet. This position provides better control and balance.
- Grip the handlebars firmly, with your elbows up and out. Keep your body forward and your head up.
- Throttle and Brake Control:
- Practice gentle control of the throttle and brakes. Avoid abrupt or jerky movements that can cause loss of control.
- Clutch Operation:
- Learn to use the clutch to control power delivery. Feathering the clutch helps manage your speed and traction.
- To turn, lean the bike in the direction you want to go while keeping your body upright. Use the handlebars to guide the front wheel.
- Use both brakes, but be cautious with the front brake, as it can cause the bike to slide in loose terrain. Apply more rear brakes for stability.
- Shifting Gears:
- Practice shifting gears using the clutch lever and gear shifter. Shifting at the right time is crucial for maintaining control and power.
Off-Road Riding Techniques:
- Terrain Awareness: Pay attention to the type of terrain you’re riding on. Adjust your riding technique for sand, mud, rocks, and other surfaces.
- Obstacle Handling: Learn how to navigate obstacles like logs, rocks, and ruts by using proper body positioning and maintaining momentum.
- Riding Uphill and Downhill: For uphill sections, maintain momentum, lean forward, and weigh the front wheel. For downhill sections, shift your weight to the rear of the bike and use the brakes judiciously.
- Cornering: Practice cornering techniques by leaning the bike, and using the throttle to maintain control and traction.
- Jumping: If you’re comfortable with it, practice small jumps and gradually progress to larger ones. Maintain proper body position and use the throttle to control the bike’s attitude in the air.
Advanced Riding Skills:
- Wheelies and Stoppies: Advanced riders can practice wheelies (lifting the front wheel) and stoppies (lifting the rear wheel) but do so with caution and in a controlled environment.
- Safety and Etiquette: Be considerate of other riders and follow trail etiquette. Don’t ride recklessly or disturb wildlife and the environment.
- Continuous Learning: Dirt biking is a skill that improves with practice. Take riding courses or seek guidance from experienced riders to enhance your skills and safety.
Always prioritize safety when riding a dirt bike, and gradually progress to more challenging terrain and techniques as your confidence and skills grow. Remember that off-road riding can be physically demanding, so stay in good physical condition and be prepared for various weather conditions.