Why is Givenchy so expensive? Here are the top 10 reasons why Givenchy is one of the most expensive brands in the world.
The top 10 reasons why Givenchy is so expensive:
1. The iconic shape – It’s a classic shape that has never gone out of style and designer Riccardo Tisci was determined to bring it back. He worked with Givenchy for 3 years to perfect this signature look. (due to his work)
2. The prestige of the Givenchy name – True design royalty, the couture house can be traced back to 1952. The fashion house is assuredly expensive because it is a luxury fashion brand with elite status and a reputation for only using precious fabrics and embellishments that are passed on for generations.
3. The celebrity following- A-list celebrities such as Chelsea Clinton, Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, Madonna, Paris Hilton, and Brooke Shields have all been seen in Givenchy. (due to the brand’s high status in the fashion world)
4. Riccardo Tisci is the creative director- This man is like Givenchy’s own creative genius. When he designs something, it sells out almost immediately. When he left his position as Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy in 2005, sales plummeted 50% in one week. (due to his popularity and his talent)
5. The label and the talent they have access to – Givenchy’s brass buttons and special cuts of luxury fabrics mean that the label has a lot of access to what it needs for each couture collection. It also means that most designs are not made in-house and are made exclusively for the brand. (due to its status)
6. The fact that it is an ‘exclusive’ brand – With such high demand, Givenchy doesn’t make many of its products available in stores worldwide. It is only sold in the designers’ stores. (Due to high demand for their products)
7. The limited quantities and quality – No brand can make the same thing more than once, so Givenchy makes sure that all of its clothes are mixed and matched in every collection because they are very hard to come by. (due to its expensive fabrics and limited production)
8. Riccardo Tisci’s marketing strategy- Givenchy held a concert with Lady Gaga at the Paris Opera House featuring hologram performances by Marilyn Monroe and Andy Warhol. (Highly creative, mass marketing)
9. The fact that it is an investment – There are a lot of people who feel that Givenchy is an investment piece due to the reputation and prestige it has gotten over the years. (due to its high demand, limited supply, and quality)
10. The fact that Riccardo Tisci has been called the “Michelangelo of fashion” – In his own words, he explains, “I’m not a designer; I’m more like an artist. I like to take care of all aspects of my job and make sure it’s perfect. I am willing to work for months with a team to get the details right. That’s my job; to perfect.” (Highly creative, perfectionist)
Thanks for reading and if you have any comments please leave them below. We hope that this article gives you a good understanding of why Givenchy is so expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Givenchy cruelty-free?
While at first glance, the answer would seem to be yes, that is not the case. According to a recent review by PETA, Givenchy was one of three brands that were not considered “cruelty-free.” However, the brand goes on to state on their website that they are “gently formulating” their products and are working towards becoming 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
Givenchy Products Not Cruelty-Free
The brand does not conduct or commission any animal tests on the final products and ingredients. However, Givenchy does contract outside companies to test their products on animals to comply with certain countries’ regulations.
Givenchy’s goal is to eventually be a cruelty-free brand. They are currently in the process of making the necessary changes.
What is so special about Givenchy?
Givenchy is an internationally renowned fashion brand. With over 50 years of history, Givenchy is one of the most prestigious and well-known brands in both world fashion and high fashion. In addition, Givenchy was established by some notable figures such as Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn for its reputation for luxury, quality, beauty, and elegance. Its clothes are usually very stylish with a timeless touch to them that makes them easy to wear in any setting from formal occasions to more casual events.
Givenchy was established by Hubert de Givenchy and his wife, as well as Christian Dior. This fashion house is historically known under the name “Dior” which is a French word meaning “shiny”. The house was founded in 1952 and officially opened on June 3rd, 1953 with the launch of its first collection. With Givenchy’s success, it already had four couturiers when Oscar de la Renta came to the fashion house in 1957 under the name of “Givenchy”.
Is Givenchy a good brand?
Yes. The pre-eminent house of fashion, Givenchy is a prestigious label that has been dressing some of the world’s most renowned individuals for over 70 years. Whether it be Hollywood icons or heads of state, these images often become a window into how to wear this timeless label.