Music videos have long been a captivating medium for artists to visually express their creativity, charisma, and musical prowess. While some music videos are produced on a limited budget, others spare no expense, showcasing a grandeur that resonates with audiences worldwide.
In this article, we delve into the realm of extravagance and explore the ten most expensive music videos ever created. These groundbreaking productions not only push the boundaries of visual storytelling but also demonstrate the willingness of artists to invest substantial resources to bring their visions to life.
Top 10 Most Expensive Music Videos In The World
|No||Most Expensive Music Video||Price|
|4||Die Another Day||$9,924,773|
|6||Black or White||
|9||2 Legit 2 Quit||$5,371,366|
|10||Make Me Like You||$4,877,427|
Scream is the most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Scream” stands as a monumental achievement in the world of music and visual storytelling. Released in 1995, this groundbreaking collaboration between Michael Jackson and his sister, Janet Jackson, created shockwaves throughout the industry with its revolutionary concept and unparalleled production value.
Directed by Mark Romanek, “Scream” was a testament to the duo’s artistic vision, featuring futuristic aesthetics, mind-bending special effects, and captivating dance sequences. With its record-breaking budget and unprecedented attention to detail, “Scream” redefined the possibilities of music videos, cementing its status as a timeless masterpiece.
Express Yourself is the 2nd most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Express Yourself” is a seminal work of art that left an indelible mark on the music industry and popular culture. Released in 1989, this iconic collaboration between Madonna and director David Fincher showcased the singer’s artistic prowess and feminist themes in a visually stunning and empowering manner.
“Express Yourself” epitomized the extravagance and ambition of the era, featuring elaborate sets, lavish costumes, and mesmerizing choreography. The video’s bold and provocative imagery, coupled with Madonna’s undeniable charisma, ignited conversations about female empowerment and self-expression.
Estranged is the 3rd most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Estranged” stands as a captivating and emotionally charged masterpiece that resonates with viewers on a profound level. Released in 1994, this epic collaboration between the iconic rock band Guns N’ Roses and director Andy Morahan showcased the band’s ability to tell a poignant story through visuals and music.
“Estranged” takes viewers on a journey of heartbreak, loss, and personal transformation, tackling themes of isolation and inner struggle. With its cinematic scope, breathtaking visuals, and compelling narrative, the video for “Estranged” stands as a testament to the power of storytelling in music.
Die Another Day
Die Another Day is the 4th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Die Another Day” is a thrilling and visually striking creation that perfectly complements the intensity of the James Bond film of the same name. Released in 2002, this collaboration between Madonna and director Traktor pushed the boundaries of artistic expression, combining elements of avant-garde fashion, futuristic aesthetics, and high-octane action sequences. “Die Another Day” captures the essence of the Bond franchise with its seductive allure, explosive visuals, and powerful symbolism.
Bedtime Story is the 5th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Bedtime Story” is a mesmerizing and surreal visual feast that showcases the boundless creativity of Madonna and the visionary direction of Mark Romanek. Released in 1995, “Bedtime Story” pushed the boundaries of conventional music videos, immersing viewers in a world of dreamlike imagery, abstract storytelling, and stunning visual effects. Drawing inspiration from surrealist art and exploring themes of self-discovery and transcendence, the video takes viewers on a captivating journey through a series of ethereal landscapes and symbolic scenes.
Black or White
Black or White is the 6th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Black or White” is an iconic and groundbreaking work of art that left an indelible mark on the music industry and society as a whole. Released in 1991, this legendary collaboration between Michael Jackson and director John Landis showcased the King of Pop’s unparalleled talent and influence as a global icon.
“Black or White” not only captivated audiences with its infectious groove and electrifying performance but also delivered a powerful message of unity and harmony among people of all races and backgrounds. With its innovative special effects, cross-cultural dance sequences, and star-studded finale, the video became an instant classic, resonating with millions and setting a new standard for music videos.
Cartoon Heroes is the 7th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Cartoon Heroes” is a vibrant and imaginative journey into a world where fantasy and reality collide. Released in 2000, this infectious collaboration between the Danish pop group Aqua and director Peder Pedersen captivated audiences with its colorful animation, energetic performances, and playful homage to beloved cartoon characters.
“Cartoon Heroes” embraced the nostalgia of childhood, celebrating the power of imagination and the timeless appeal of animated icons. With its catchy melodies, whimsical visuals, and a dash of techno-pop flair, the video captured the hearts of fans worldwide.
Bad is the 8th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Bad” is an iconic and electrifying visual spectacle that solidified Michael Jackson’s status as the King of Pop. Released in 1987, this legendary collaboration between Jackson and acclaimed director Martin Scorsese showcased the singer’s unparalleled talent and captivating stage presence.
“Bad” tells the story of a young man navigating the challenges of a tough neighborhood, showcasing themes of rebellion, identity, and resilience. With its thrilling dance sequences, gritty urban aesthetics, and a memorable showdown between Jackson and his onscreen rivals, the video captured the imagination of viewers worldwide.
2 Legit 2 Quit
2 Legit 2 Quit is the 9th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “2 Legit 2 Quit” is an energetic and visually dazzling spectacle that showcases the dynamic charisma and showmanship of MC Hammer. Released in 1991, this iconic collaboration between Hammer and director Rupert Wainwright captures the essence of the early ’90s hip-hop culture and Hammer’s larger-than-life persona.
“2 Legit 2 Quit” features a star-studded cast, including appearances by James Brown, Jose Canseco, and many others, adding to the video’s electrifying energy. With its signature dance moves, extravagant costumes, and a captivating blend of choreography and storytelling, the video became an instant sensation.
Make Me Like You
Make Me Like You is the 10th most expensive music video in the world. The music video for “Make Me Like You” is a captivating and whimsical journey that showcases the artistry and playful charm of Gwen Stefani. Released in 2016, this enchanting collaboration between Stefani and director Sophie Muller presents a vibrant and colorful narrative set in a bustling live television studio.
“Make Me Like You” takes viewers on a delightful ride as Stefani dances through various sets, encounters comedic mishaps, and ultimately finds love amidst the chaos. With its dynamic choreography, dazzling visuals, and infectious energy, the video perfectly complements the catchy pop sound of the song.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add music to a video on iPhone?
To add music to a video on an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone and locate the video you want to edit.
2. Tap on the video to open it, and then tap on the “Edit” button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. In the video editor, you’ll see a timeline at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the musical note icon to access the audio options.
4. From here, you have a few choices. You can either select a song from your iPhone’s music library by tapping “Soundtrack” and then “My Music,” or you can choose from the preloaded soundtracks provided by Apple by tapping “Soundtrack” and then “Theme Music.”
5. If you select “My Music,” you can browse through your music library to choose a specific song. Once you’ve found the desired song, tap on it to preview it.
6. To adjust the starting point of the song, you can use your finger to drag the vertical white line on the timeline. This will determine where the song begins in the video.
7. Once you’re satisfied with the song selection and timing, tap on the “Done” button to save your changes.
8. Finally, tap on “Save as New Clip” or “Save Video” to save the edited video with the added music to your Photos library.
By following these steps, you can easily add music to your videos using the built-in editing tools on your iPhone.
How to add music to a youtube video?
To add music to a YouTube video, you have a few different options. Here are the steps for each method:
Method 1: Using YouTube’s built-in Audio Library
1. Sign in to your YouTube account and go to YouTube Studio.
2. On the left side of the screen, click on “Audio Library” under the “Content” section.
3. Browse through the available music tracks or use the search bar to find a specific song.
4. Once you find a song you like, click on the play button to preview it. If you’re satisfied, click on the download icon to add it to your YouTube video.
5. Go back to YouTube Studio and find the video you want to edit.
6. Click on the video to open the video editor.
7. In the editor, click on the “Audio” tab.
8. Under the “Audio” tab, click on “Change” to access the music library.
9. In the music library, choose the track you downloaded from the Audio Library and click “Select”.
10. Adjust the starting point and volume of the music by dragging the sliders.
11. Once you’re satisfied with the changes, click on “Save” or “Save & Publish” to apply the music to your YouTube video.
Method 2: Adding your music
1. Sign in to your YouTube account and go to YouTube Studio.
2. Find the video you want to edit and click on it to open the video editor.
3. In the editor, click on the “Audio” tab.
4. Click on the “Upload” button to upload your music file from your computer.
5. Once the file is uploaded, drag it to the timeline to add it to your video.
6. Adjust the starting point and volume of the music by dragging the sliders.
7. Once you’re satisfied with the changes, click on “Save” or “Save & Publish” to apply the music to your YouTube video.
Remember to ensure you have the necessary rights and permissions to use any copyrighted music in your YouTube videos. YouTube’s Audio Library offers a selection of copyright-free music that you can use without any issues.
Please note that the specific steps and options may vary slightly depending on YouTube’s interface updates.
What is the most expensive K-pop MV?
The music video for BTS’s “Idol” holds the record for the highest budget in a K-pop music video. With a reported cost of USD 11 million, it showcases the group’s immense popularity and its ability to produce visually stunning and high-quality content. The music video’s production value, elaborate sets, and impressive choreography contributed to its success and solidified BTS’s status as a global superstar.
What is the fastest music video to reach 1 billion?
“Gangnam Style” by Psy was indeed the first music video to reach one billion views on YouTube in December 2012, marking a significant milestone in the history of online video. The catchy song, along with its humorous and eccentric music video, became a global phenomenon and garnered widespread attention and acclaim.
“Gangnam Style” broke multiple records and became a cultural sensation, showcasing the power of videos and the reach of online platforms like YouTube. Its achievement in reaching one billion views paved the way for other music videos to aspire to join the exclusive “Billion-View Club.”
What is the most expensive Chinese music video?
It appears that the most expensive Chinese music video as of now is “Greatest Works Of Art” by Jay Chou, with a reported production cost of US$500,000 (RM2.2 million). This music video represents Jay Chou’s biggest budget production to date, showcasing his commitment to creating visually captivating and high-quality content.
Jay Chou is renowned for his musical talent and innovative music videos, and this significant investment in “Greatest Works Of Art” demonstrates his dedication to delivering a visually impressive and memorable experience for his fans.
What is the most famous music video of all time?
Determining the most famous music video of all time can be subjective, as popularity can vary based on different factors such as cultural impact, viewership, and personal preferences. However, one music video that is often cited as one of the most famous and influential is “Thriller” by Michael Jackson.
Released in 1983, “Thriller” revolutionized the music video industry with its cinematic storytelling, dance sequences, and special effects. The 14-minute video, directed by John Landis, showcased Michael Jackson’s iconic dance moves and became a cultural phenomenon. “Thriller” remains a staple in popular culture and is often regarded as a timeless masterpiece in the music video genre.
What is the most liked music video ever?
The most liked music video on YouTube is “Baby Shark Dance” by Pinkfong. This children’s song and dance video has garnered an astonishing number of likes and became a viral sensation, particularly among young children and families. The “Baby Shark Dance” music video has accumulated millions of likes, making it one of the most-liked videos on YouTube across all genres.
What is the most listened-to song ever?
What song has been #1 the longest?
The song that held the record for the longest time at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States was “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus. It spent a record-breaking 19 weeks at the top of the chart in 2019.
Who is the biggest-selling artist of all time?
The best-selling artist of all time is generally considered to be The Beatles. The British rock band, formed in the 1960s, achieved unprecedented success and popularity worldwide. They have sold an estimated 600 million records globally. Their influence on music and culture is significant, and their discography includes numerous iconic albums and hit songs.
Who is the most famous singer in the world?
Determining the most famous singer in the world is subjective and can vary depending on personal opinions, cultural contexts, and current trends. However, several singers have achieved widespread recognition and have a significant global following. Some notable names that are often considered among the most famous singers include:
1. Michael Jackson: Known as the “King of Pop,” Michael Jackson’s impact on music and his global fame is unparalleled. His iconic voice, dance moves, and chart-topping hits have made him one of the most recognizable and influential figures in the music industry.
2. Beyoncé: Beyoncé is a multi-talented singer, songwriter, and performer. Her powerful vocals, artistic vision, and boundary-pushing performances have garnered her a massive fan base and global recognition.
3. Madonna: Madonna has been a prominent figure in pop music for several decades. Her innovative style, provocative image, and a string of chart-topping hits have solidified her status as an iconic and influential artist.
4. Adele: Adele’s soulful voice and emotionally resonant songs have earned her widespread acclaim and a massive fan following. Her success in both critical acclaim and commercial sales has made her one of the most popular singers of recent years.
5. Rihanna: Rihanna’s diverse range of musical styles, fashion influence, and chart-topping hits have made her one of the most successful and recognized artists of the 21st century.
It’s important to note that this list is not exhaustive, and opinions on the most famous singer can vary depending on personal taste and cultural perspectives.